Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Battery's Charged - A Metaphor For My Life?

Ok I'm working my ass off packing. pfffft.. yeah right, I'm having a vodka drink. But I have had a "heluva" day.. I love that word "helava" don't you. OK, I will be on my journey tomorrow come "helorhi" water. See how I worked that in there.. clever huh?

But I did want you to know that I'm already over budget, thanks to my dead battery. First I tried to get a friend of mine to help me jump the jeep, but he unfortunately was out of town. (yeah right) So after debating what to do I flagged a guy about to park in the garage down, and asked if he'd help me jump my car.

I'm so glad at this moment that this wasn't New York. In New York he would have said something like, "Do I look like triple A?" Of course I would have replied, "No you look like you're either a member of AA, or you're no doubt single aye?" And of course this would have lead to a scuffle in which we'd end up long life drinking buddies. Because that's just the way I am.

I digress. So in my Miami Beach garage the guy says simply, "Do you have cables?"

So yes he gave me a jump.. ladies, I don't need to hear the obvious jokes at this point, even though this is Miami Beach. So I get the car started and drive to the nearest auto parts store. After a battery check, it is determined that my battery needs a funeral. So $140 later and a little sweat, and I'm back on track. Now I need to get this puppy filled.. oh wait I'm talking about the jeep, not my vodka drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment