Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rain Means Rebirth

Raining is the Beginning of Life
Well a little more packing to do, clean up the condo and then it's adios South Beach and on to my first freeloading stop. Of course nothing could be more perfect than to wake up the rain. So that wonderful scenic drive I intended to have down the Florida Keys will now include the eternal sound of squeaky wiper blades. However, again I prefer to frame this in its truely positive perspective, as I wade my way to Einstein Bros. bagels for a thin bagel and egg sandwich. I will look at this sudden cooling rain as nature intended. I don't know how many non magicians out there realize it, but rain means rebirth. Not only does it make our gardens grow, it is something which story tellers and movie makers know and often use to make a character change directions or find an epiphany or new start. I'm trying to think of a good example, but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet. OK, in An Officer and a Gentleman, Gere's character is being drilled "in the pouring rain" when he's finally broken down and almost crying says "cause I got nothing else...cause I got nothing else." It is at this point that he, standing in the pouring rain, becomes a true officer. Next time you are watching a movie and you see a rainstorm remember it means rebirth, and you'll see what I'm talking about.If you can think of other examples, please share them in a comment. So today is my rebirth, my time to discover myself. I've said that in each of us is hidden the ultimate magician. Mine has been hiding for a while, but with help like this from the universe, I know I'll find him.

OK I had a moment left on my computer this morning before I packed it and I came up with another of my favorite examples: The Shawshank Redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment